Having your headshot taken can be nerve-wracking but it doesn’t have to be!
Here are some expert tips from OutSnapped’s founder, Nicholas Rhodes, to have fun while putting your best face forward.
- Do dress as you would to a job interview or audition.
- Do wear solid color clothing.
- Do loosen up by practicing your looks in front of mirror before your session.
- Do pose in left profile, straight on and right profile. You may surprise yourself with which angle represents you best.
- Do take as many shots as possible. It’s way easier to edit down from more photos than to schedule a re-shoot.
- Do try your best to take direction. You’re working with a professional who wants you to look and feel your best!
- Don’t wear a distracting clothing. An outfit with too many colors or patterns may look great on the dancefloor but not in your LinkedIn profile pic.
- Don’t wear clothing with words or large logos.
- Don’t over accessorize. Less is more.
- Don’t wear clothing that you don’t feel comfortable in.
- Don’t overdo it with the makeup. This is definitely a less is more situation.
- Don’t use outdated headshots. Their maximum shelf life is 2 years!
OutSnapped creates fun photo booth experiences that focus on capturing the perfect professionally lit selfie from shutter click to share.
Nicholas Rhodes, aka Nicky Digital
Founder Nicholas Rhodes, aka Nicky Digital, is best known for over a decade of enigmatic, after-dark portraits and the ability to turn a photography experience into a party. He founded OutSnapped to create the best photo booth company ever. His vision is to leverage his expertise in photography, design, and social media honed by shooting for publications ranging from Fast Company to Rolling Stone, Fortune 500s, international music festivals, performers, and fashion brands to make the excitement of capturing the moment, at a world class event, accessible to everyone.